Katrina Molini a lifestyle influencer

Katrina Molini a lifestyle influencer

By Martha Colmenares

Copyright © 2021

march 2021


Introit

Social networks are a source of inspiration if you will, anyway, everyone makes use of them according to their perspective in tastes, lifestyle or in the same participation of the political. Of these, I use each one for a specific purpose, apart from Twitter and Facebook, specifically on Instagram very particularly is a way to reach those characters I admire, singers, artists, what happens in attractive soccer teams, users with beautiful pictures, anyway, as it is natural when it comes to super celebrities, almost none of them follow me, with some exceptions. On the other hand, I like to recreate my sight with outfits, to savor hypothetically the delight of gastronomic dishes, art, museums, about the music of Bee Gees especially, and I get a touch of emotion when I find the display of trending in fashion, models, glamor, I love it.

Who is Katrina Molini?

@katrinamolini

A glance at her Instagram account is already a pleasure

This is where Katrina Molini comes in, since I met her, I consider she is my Influencer No. 1, and also and pleasantly for me she was kind enough to return my follow. Her personal freshness, her natural demeanor, her innate elegance, her good taste in choosing what she presents to us, her cultural appreciation in allowing us to illustrate places of dreams, places where art flourishes, places for the soul to rest.

A glance at her Instagram account is already a pleasure, and this reflection shared with readers is what explains to me how she was able to reach in a short time amount of followers who take pains to comment on her posts. I'm glad, because it reflects that condition so characteristic of Katrina, and charming to seduce.

Then come those questions, with such interesting answers given her life formation, her family influences, her high cultural level...

Between Katrina and Martha Q&A

MC: -Your photos are really beautiful, they are artistic, it is the contrast in the colors that refresh me visually. In fact I comment to my granddaughter and show her your pictures and mention to her that I consider you my influencer because of all those elements that attract me, fascinating things.

Katrina, please, some notes from your bio. Where you are from, your studies, whatever you want to tell me. This is my first appreciation to know what you think.

KM: -First of all, thank you for your admiration and for sharing my journey on Instagram with your granddaughter. I enjoy looking at the two of you on your profile and I see you two have a very strong connection. It feels like I know both of you in person.

I was born and raised in Russia. I spent my childood in Ivanovo region (it’s not far from Moscow). My father was a militar and my mom was a music teacher in kindergarten (she was also in charge of organizing the kids parties for Christmas and other holidays, and staging puppet theatre and being one of the puppet actors). I think I have always loved music and theatre since I remember. As a teenager I collected audio cassettes and had quite a collection.

The habit of approaching through her greeting is a nice touch that leaves us the taste of being in front of an affable person, she transmits me a sensitivity to the surface, and added that exquisite taste to share the beautiful things of life is a task that only people with that gift, that talent, to inspire confidence and reach to influence the audience of her possess. Powerful reasons to dedicate my attention to her, and that is how I conveyed my concern that she, in a pleasant way, has responded.

MC: -Regarding music, I would love to know if my influencer N.1, likes the songs of The Bee Gees, for me they are wonderful. And what other groups or singers or what kind of music attracts you.

KM: -Now, after many years, musical stages and changes of idols, jazz (classic and modern) is what I enjoy the most. It’s music for my soul. Yes, I love Bee Gees (especially the hits from Saturday Night Fever) and music from that era in general. My favorites are The Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone and many others.

Katrina Molini's passions come to light, she has started a pleasant story, reading her appreciations comforts me... Yes, yes, life has its attractive aspects, which gives one a ray of hope and positivity that keeps me attentive, I like the rhythm of her narrative and takes me to those places, to those countries with such an interesting culture, or Michelin star restaurants, that incredible world that Katrina Molini shows me.

KM: -Also, reading has been a passion of mine since early age. My parents had an extensive home library and I have always had different kinds of books available to me. We loved television too. We were raised not only on Russian, but also Italian, French and American movies. It entertained and allowed to dream. At some point my father retired and my parents opened their own business. A little bit later we moved to Kaliningrad region (on the Baltic sea), to be closer to my grandparents. There, I graduated school with excellence and entered the most prestigious university in Kaliningrad to study law. I loved studying law and everything related to it; I got the highest rating and praise for my diploma work, but I was strongly disappointed in the Russian law system, that I experienced on practice, and the levels of corruption. So I decided to change my path and move to States.

MC: -You move to the United States. How did this change of country take place?

KM: -I have already been going to USA during summers as a part of the Work & Travel program. It was lots of fun and the cultural exchange left a huge impact on me. I signed a contract to work on Carnival Cruise Line and worked there for 9 months while constantly visiting Miami, Key West, Bahamas and Mexico. After that I moved to Charleston, South Carolina. I lived there for three years and it was amazing, but one day Charleston became a little bit too small for me and with encouragement from my friend during the financial crisis of 2009, I decided to permanently relocate to New York. I fell in love with that city from the first sight. While living there, I just got sucked into the theatre scene (from Broadway and Off Broadway to small theatre productions); I discovered - and made it my hobby - clubs, bars, restaurants, and other hot spots (my passion for Michelin Star Restaurants appeared back then); I was frequently going to art galleries, museums and art spaces with amazing exhibitions and artistic performances (I also acquired memberships at several art establishments); I subscribed to film societies and was obsessively going to movies theaters; I met a friend who introduced me to a fashion scene and high end designers (from new and upcoming to very established); I became a big fan of jazz clubs and jazz music, Met opera and opera genre in general; I started going to concerts; and, as a manager of the beauty salon, I became more acquainted with the beauty industry (skincare, hair, make up). I think I was always either out or working and the first several years I almost didn’t sleep.

MC: -It's a nice story when you met your husband and a life of excitement, love and glamour followed, isn't it?

KM:- In 2012 I was lucky to meet my husband. The dating scene in New York is hard (those who live in New York, or watched Sex and the City, will know))). But as soon as we started seeing each other with Mattia, we became inseparable and this Sunday it’s going to be 9 years from the day we met. We clicked on the artistic ground. I was a cinephile and he was a New York Film Academy alumnus that already had a Doctor’s degree in art, film and theatre, and was actively working. We had so much in common! Everything became much more interesting to do together.

MC: -How do you facilitate your travels to get to spectacular places, wonderful restaurants, etc.?

KM: -Additionally, traveling started being our thing too. Our travel plans would always start with picking a destination and then according to our budget we would see how many days we could stay (or go around) and search thoroughly what to do in the chosen location. We would make tight plans and be out all day long until we couldn’t walk. That would include visiting must see sightseeings, some places meaningful to us (where our beloved artists lived, worked, got buried, etc just for example), museums and restaurants with typical cuisine and must try dishes. We like finding special cafes too: either weird ones with a lot of character, or the ones that take coffee on a different level, or historical ones, or the ones with original ambience. If it’s possible to attend theatre or see any kind of performance- even better! Internet is an awesome thing that allows you to dig pretty deep and make huge plans without necessarily a big budget. Not all of them require money and I think we manage to fill our schedule with lots of different stuff (free and paid). We prefer traveling to our destination the affordable way and to stay in mid priced hotels so we can spend the difference on doing more things at the actual place. Mostly I would be the one to choose what to do and Mattia would be the map and budget guy and arrange what is the most convenient way to move around and what is the best way to divide the budget. We like organizing everything ourselves and take the most out of our trips. I think we are a perfect team.

MC: -Now, seeing your profile and your first post, part of that photographic and style magazine that is your Instagram, I would like to know what you intended to reflect from the beginning, starting from you telling me, what you do, and how has been the evolution to reach thousands of people who follow you.

KM: -I enjoyed posting about all this on Facebook and I have started getting more and more comments from my friends that it I should start my own blog. One of my friends insisted that I downloaded Instagram. It was relatively new back then. I was just uploading a few photos here and there and I wasn’t really thinking to run a blog. Only when we decided to marry and moved to Italy (December 2015), it occurred to me that I could do that as my personal hobby and a couple of years later I was taking it quite seriously, as if it is my job. The more time and thought I invested in my posts, the more I realized how important it is to improve my photography, to compose interesting captions, to choose the right hashtags, to engage with people. As you noticed, my interests are quite wide. I can share something about the book I read or I can post about the story behind some architectural piece. It really depends on what occupies me right now. I decided to not narrow my page to some particular niche and not concentrate only on travel, or art, or food, or whatever. I thought I’d stay true to myself and maybe I would actually appeal to more different people. I like diversity. I’m happy that I have followers and friends from all over the world and from different backgrounds. I’m a sociable person and I love people. It’s great that I can, too, learn from the others and discover places and things I’ve never seen or heard of before. I have always had a curious mind. I hope whoever follows me, gets a positive vibe from me, discovers something new, gets inspired and maybe even opens their mind.

MC: -I am curious why you admire your husband.

KM: -I really admire my husband, his intellect and talent. He is knowledgeable practically about anything and can hold a long meaningful conversation on any subject. His creativity is extraordinary (and by the way that’s a definition for an Artist’s Visa in States; the one that he was given multiple times to work in nyc). When he gets creative, he can make masterpieces with the lowest budget for the project and his ideas are original and cool but with many references at the same time and his material is always so layered. He has a great sense of humor and understanding of people and art. He has many achievements in different spheres and whatever he does, he does it excellently! He is also a perfectionist. I am truly very proud of him.

Who is Mattia Molini?

I have taken a paragraph from his website (it´s widely recommended), the artistic design is a mix of bright colors that invite you to content, it illustrates his career as a novelist, film director, his productions for Latin America, the Telemundo channel, in short, a broad professional portfolio (resume).

''Italian native with Swedish roots, since the early years of my life I've developed a love for cinema that has deeply influenced my path. After graduating from Università di Siena with the thesis "Persona: A critical reading of the narrative and stylistic strategies adopted by Ingmar Bergman", I moved to New York to pursue directing and to improve my artistic skills. In order to achieve that, I attended the conservatory filmmaking program at the New York Film Academy, where I had the chance to explore all crew positions and get a better knowledge of set dynamics. At NYFA I wrote, produced and directed the experimental short film "1301 -The circle of life" (Best Experimental Movie and Best Movie Shot on 16mm at the American International Film Festival)''. 

A genuinely pleasing vision, brushstrokes of pure art in the cover that leave me fascinated.

I also wanted to know something else, all these experiences have their brilliance, I asked Katrina to tell me some things about her husband, being a filmmaker. By the way, I have to say that he has a very attractive look, he transmits me his creative essence and artistic feeling. I would like to know his perspective on the theater of the absurd, I love Ionesco, the surrealists, Alfred Jarry or Apollinaire. Is there something of that in his work as a theater director, or rather classic, or a break with the past?, perhaps contemporary? 

Mattia  Molini let me know:

MM: -I’m partial to the theatre of the absurd. I believe it takes out what’s subordinate and strips it down to the soul of the situation. Hard to say my favorite but Pinter and Beckett have a special place.

My first approach is usually to set up a situation that traps its characters, and then let them run wild (a nose fetishist? Sure. A detective in drags? Absolutely. A mannequin missionary? Been there, done that). Each represents something that I leave open to interpretation.

The absurdist rhythm and phonetics are, as well, a lesson I often take inspiration from. Nevertheless, I try not to lock myself too much into one style or another. I’ve noticed, though, every time I take a more classical approach, I enter a spiral of (hyper)naturalism that makes me overthink, leaving no room for inspiration. I bore myself terribly. Ibsen is a Master I read and watch with pleasure, to be clear. But I’m no Ibsen and can’t pretend to be. I need to have my little surreal glimpse even when I work on somebody else’s script, putting here and there some elements. Generally I feed it to the writer as a practical necessity that matches well a comedic moment (missing an actor? Let’s put a cutout everybody talks to as if it’s a real person).

Anyway, I watch, read and browse everything, take something from each period (and each media and culture, THAT’s important), make it mine and redefine its use to create a new narrative. So I’m more of a postmodern, if I had to label myself.

A critic said about my novel that it’s “like tasting the absinthe that gave Rimbaud his bizarre visions”. I guess she explained it better than I did.

Let's say that from the ''absinthe'' liquor of gods without what to envy to champagne, that of the sorcerer talents of the soul, of those of Rimbaud, Baudelaire, of the ''dissonant chords'' of Lautreamont; and the strokes in the bohemia of Lautrec, the enlightened exchange ends like this. They are talented beings, Katrina, my Instagram Influencer Number One and her husband Mattia, bring their charms together, I can see why they make a good team.

I invite readers to take a tour of these Katrina´s photos

Always ahead by meeting Instagram's criteria and the algorithm used, which takes into account three main factors: interest, relation and novelty. It is a journey of exotic views, of gifts of nature that you do not even imagine their existence, the avant garde ahead from a pizza with stuffed borders or Spaghetti with crab, Mussels soup with crunchy bread on the bottom or Fried anchovies, and so... They definitely transmit emotions to us, to feel a little bit there sitting on that terrace, the terrace of the entrance photo in this post. About it, Katrina wrote:

''It is in Positano, and that dreamy view of the Amalfi Coast, Italy, Villa Treville, originally bought in the 1920s by Mikhail Semenov, the Russian writer, who was the first to gather around him the cultural ferment that has always characterized Positano. Under Franco Zeffirelli, the property was often visited by dancers, singers, writers, musicians, painters, actors and intellectuals from all over the world.

Love this

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCvXHwbs9ji/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I feel very grateful with Katrina and Mattia too...

Thanks for reading

Por Martha Colmenares

Copyright © 2021

march 2021

With the support of the translator for the wording of my paragraphs

Twitter: @marthacolmenare

Instagram: @marthacolmenares

Facebook Pagina Martha Colmenares

©Sin fines comerciales

Comentarios

Alí Reyes ha dicho que…
Tengo que sacar tiempo para leer y traducir la entrevista...Por lo pronto, se trata de una dama muy bella, y si tú la entrevistaste, sin duda es porque es una mujer que tiene un mundo para aportar.
Saludos desde Brasil
Martha Colmenares ha dicho que…
Ayy Alí, maravillosa. Le das a la opción ''translate'' y puedes leerla. Voy a poner un logo de tu blog en el mio.